- NEW for 2016! The KastKing® Mela Spinning Reel is light, smooth, powerful, and comes with a FREE spare spool! When other brands charge premium price for the so called fame, we cut our price to give more value back to our customers!
- You will love the features of the Mela Spinning Reel that includes: 10 + 1 shielded stainless steel bearings, instant stop anti-reverse, CNC machined aluminum handle and exquisite aluminum spool, plus a spare graphite spool and most of all the up to 20LB/9KG max drag power.
- Amazing aerospace-grade aluminum honeycomb design spool gives you a fishing reel with strength and light weight. Mela spinning reels are equipped with: precision brass gears, hardened metal main shaft, 10 shielded stainless steel bearings, clutch roller bearing, and interchangeable right or left hand CNC machined aluminum handle.
- Flawless light weight graphite spinning reel body with carbon black finish is corrosion proof. The KastKing® Mela fishing reel looks great on a KastKing carbon fiber spinning rod or your fishing pole for a great spinning rod and reel combo.
- The best thing about a Mela Spinning Reel is its great features at an affordable price. Compare a KastKing® Mela spinning reel to a similar size fishing reel that costs much more, such as a reel from Shimano, Penn, Daiwa, Okuma, Lew’s or other fishing reel brands. KastKing® is an ICAST 2015 award winning brand.
KastKing Mela Spinning Reel
KastKing Mela spinning reel will give you years of endless fishing fun
Mela spinning reels are a great addition to your fishing tackle and could be used whether you’re fresh water or saltwater fishing. Mela reels are covered by a one-year warranty for recreational fishing. Compare a Mela spinning reel by KastKing with a free spare graphite spool to a similar size fishing reel from other brands that cost more. KastKing, an ICAST award winning brand, proudly manufactures quality fishing reels, fishing rods, fishing line, and fishing tackle management products at an affordable price. KastKing Keeps Fishing Fun!
• 10 + 1 ball bearings and instant stop roller bearing
• precision ultra-mesh brass gears with powerful gear ratios
• triple disc carbon fiber drag washers
• stainless steel main shaft.
Mela 2000 | Weight 9.43oz/267.5g | Max Drag 19LB/9KG | Gear Ratio 5.2:1| Line Capacity 0.22mm/140m,0.28/100,0.3/75 |Mono Capacity 6LB/150Yds ,8/110,10/82
Mela 3000 | Weight 9.59oz/272g | Max Drag 19LB/9KG | Gear Ratio 4.8:1| Line Capacity 0.22mm/200m,0.28/150,0.3/110 |Mono Capacity 6LB/220Yds ,8/160,10/120
Mela 4000 | Weight 12.52oz/355g | Max Drag 26LB/12KG | Gear Ratio 4.8:1| Line Capacity 0.3mm/180m,0.35/130,0.4/100 |Mono Capacity 10LB/195Yds ,12/140,15/110
Mela 5000 | Weight 13.24oz/375.5g | Max Drag 26LB/12KG | Gear Ratio 4.8:1| Line Capacity 0.3mm/220m,0.35/160,0.4/120 |Mono Capacity 10LB/240Yds ,12/175,15/130
1000 Series, 2000 Series, 3000 Series, 4000 Series
First thing I noticed was the box shows 5.1:1 gear ration while the reel shows 4.8:1. Not a big difference. The reel came with a metal spool and an extra plastic spool. I loaded the metal spool with 250 yards of KastKing 15lb. (0.14mm) braided and about 20’ of 12lb fluorocarbon line. I loaded the extra spool with 150 yards of KastKing copolymer 15lb. The reel is very smooth and the instant anti-reverse works perfectly. It also has an anti-reverse release – very nice when you want a little more slack in the line. Caught some 1 – 2lb. yellowtail and 4 – 5 lb. grouper today and the reel worked flawlessly. The drag was smooth with a wide range on the metal spool but a little jerky on the plastic spool with a fairly narrow range. I’m not sure why that would be but will open it up to check the discs. Overall, I am very happy with the reel and would recommend it!
I had the reel out again today, paired with the KastKing Blackhawk telescoping rod with 15lb KastKing braid and 12lb. KastKing fluorocarbon leader. Caught several fish including the three pictured – 1lb. Mangrove Snapper, Gray Angel and large parrot fish. The angel and parrot went back into the water immediately. I was using a very small hook and had to depend on the drag to keep from bending it. The reel and rod is a nice balance combo – light, flexible wth plenty of strength and sensitivity. The fluorocarbon leader held up well despite all three fish having either sharp teeth or a beak.